Welcome, and Thank You for your interest in this Spiritual Leadership course.
PATER THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
Our next semester will start on September 10, 2018. Classes are held on Monday evenings from 6 to 9 PM (there are some weeks classes are not held for various reasons, i.e. holidays etc). Classes will be held in Abilene at Church On The Rock. This course will run for two semesters and will end in May 2019, due to the amount of material to be covered. Most semesters are about 13 to 16 weeks long.
This course will be on New Testament Survey. It is a two semester course covering all the books of the New Testament. It will include both lectures and class discussion of reading material. While it runs for two semesters, it is only being billed as a single semester.
The textbook we are using for this course is by highly respected authors D.A. Carson and Douglas J. Moo. The book is published by Zondervan, who describes it as follows: By focusing on essential questions, an Introduction to the New Testament ensures that the New Testament books will be accurately understood within historical settings. For each New Testament document, the authors also provide a substantial summary of that book’s content, discuss the book’s theological contribution to the overall canon, and give an account of current studies on that book, including recent literary and social-science approaches to interpretation. This second edition reflects significant revision and expansion from the original, making this highly acclaimed text even more valuable.
This course is ideal for you,
if you have a passion
to do something for God,
but are lacking
the equipping to do it.
I am interested in taking this course at Pater Theological Seminary. Please send me information.
1. A distinct commitment to the personal devotional life of each believer.
2. A commitment to real faith-based education.
3. Commitment to the authority of scripture.
4. Commitment to the local church body.
5. A kingdom mindset for the non-five fold ministry member of the body of Christ.
6. A commitment to building five fold ministry teams for function in the Body.
7. A commitment to real life solutions to the problems that face churches of all sizes.